Reporting to the Site Director, the HR Generalist will manage the day-to-day HR operations and provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes equality, empowerment, quality, goal attainment with core Witron values and health and safety. The position is axed on ensuring that employee concerns are addressed timely and equitably and that all reporting and health and safety issues are dealt with, assessed and escalated as needed.
Primary Job Functions
- Manage all aspects of employee and labour relations
- Be accountable union contract compliance
- Take hands-on responsibility for the day-to-day HR management of site employees including hiring process, onboarding, training, health and safety, benefits, investigations.
- Participate in various HR projects to ensure that corporate initiatives are supported at site level
- Provide site management and employees with timely and reasonable advice ensuring the efficient operation of the site, employee engagement and the resolution of workplace matters.
- Assist Site Director as needed on a day to day administrative capacity (i.e. site invoicing and record keeping of the same)
- Report and distribute on key site statistics and indicators as prescribed by the Site Director
- Ensure middle management is effective and fair in their communication, application and reporting of progressive discipline
- Oversee the payroll process at site level including payroll reporting, wage increases, benefits administration
Be the spear head for maintaining and improving employee and union relations
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of the site
- May be required to work and travel outside of the normal business hours
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check